[Savannah-hackers] Re: webcvs

From: Joel N. Weber II
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: webcvs
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 12:09:59 -0400

   Joel N. Weber II writes:
    > So it seems to me that it would be nice if I could go to
    > https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/sysadmin and see an obvious link to
    > where I could use webcvs to view the sysadmin documentation once I
    > have authenticated myself, but that seems to be something which
    > doesn't actually work, at least not in any obvious fashion.

           It does not work, indeed. viewcvs (that replaced webcvs) is not
   configured (and cannot be, but Jaime will be able to confirm this) to
   handle authentification. Either everyone or noone can use viewcvs.

Umm, we have the source for viewcvs, right?

Doesn't savannah use cookies to verify authentication?  Wouldn't it be
possible to modify viewcvs to check those cookies?