[Savannah-hackers] lshd failure (week old reply)

From: loic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] lshd failure (week old reply)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 12:17:09 +0200

Niels Möller writes:
 > address@hidden writes:
 >
 > > Got this message on syslog today:
 > >
 > >  May 11 07:46:12 subversions lshd[9822]: do_dsa_sign: Internal error.
 > >
 > >  And the lshd server crashed (I respawned it and now it works).
 >
 > Do you have any core file left (by default, for security reasons, lshd
 > doesn't dump core when it crashes)? It's hard to find the bug without
 > more data.

        The only core I have on the machine are

/dev/core
/home/rsync/gcc/gcc/gcc/config/mcore
/subversions/cvs/common/gnumach/linux/dev/net/core
/subversions/cvs/common/gnumach/linux/src/net/core
/subversions/cvs/common/guile/guile-core
/subversions/cvs/common/hurd/pfinet/linux-src/net/core
/subversions/cvs/software/gnustep/gnustep/core
/usr/src/linux/net/core

        given the fact that I did the search a week after it happens I'm
not sure if a cron job could have killed it...

 > >    Any idea ?
 >
 > The crash for that message happens when lsh tries to create a
 > signature using an unknown algorithm. That shouldn't happen; algorithm
 > names should be filtered earlier during the algorithm negotiation.

        I'll try to search for a core the next time it happens. Any
idea where the core would be ? If you know that already that would
help, otherwise I'll try to find out. I realize that I don't know what
is the working directory of lshd.

        Cheers,