[Savannah-hackers] mailing list setup: archive directory problem?

From: loic
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 10:33:32 +0200

Guillaume Morin implemented this (address@hidden)

>From the documentation I read:

Adding a mailing list via the web interface

When a project administrator chooses to add a mailing list for his(her)
project, an entry is added to the database. This information will be dumped by
sf_xml -list. A cronjob on fencepost will read that dump and find which lists
must be created. It will launch the newlist binary and update the alias file.
This cronjob can be found in gnuscripts/Mailman/mailing_lists_create.pl in the
CVS.

which is a bit too light for me to debug the problem. What user runs the
crontab on fencepost ? How this scripts operates ? What's the rationale ?

Reading from the script it seems it appends a set of aliases in a
savannah specific file on fencepost. And then creates the list with the
"newlist" program. It also uses "wrapper" for some reason. Which one does
what exactly, I have no clue (I don't know mailman).

I guess newlist is creating the files/dir you mention and fails, somehow.
I'd like to check the logs but I don't know where they are.

Also there is a sfverify script which is just used to check if a mailing
list name is taken or not. I could not find documentation about this
script though.

Cheers,