[Savannah-hackers] mailing list setup: archive directory problem?

From: loic
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 01:40:36 +0200

Guillaume Morin writes:
 > Dans un message du 19 mai à 10:33, address@hidden écrivait :
 > > which is a bit too light for me to debug the problem. What user runs the
 > > crontab on fencepost ? How this scripts operates ? What's the rationale ?
 >
 > This is in sysadmin.texi.

        It was indeed mentionned in the migration section. I added a
reference to sysadmin.texi at the beginning of the chapter so that
it cannot be missed.

 > > I guess newlist is creating the files/dir you mention and fails, somehow.
 > > I'd like to check the logs but I don't know where they are.
 >
 > If it was failing, it would send a message to savannah-hackers. BTW, the
 > cronjob has indeed sent 4 messages to savannah-hackers saying that it
 > could not get the XML dump. I guess it was a ssh problem.

        Looking for messages with 'Cron' in the header I'm not able to
find them in the archive
(http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/private/savannah-hackers/2001-May/thread.html).
After ten minutes searching I found that they
are sent to

#Alias for /com/mailer/mailman/bin/mailing_lists_create.pl
savannah-daily-reports: daily-reports,address@hidden

        i.e. gmorin, devnull & mhw

        I updated this to replace address@hidden by address@hidden

        Cheers,