[Savannah-hackers] Re: Some moves in Autoconf

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Some moves in Autoconf
Date: 22 May 2001 12:05:56 +0200

>>>>> "Jaime" == Jaime E <Jaime> writes:

Jaime> On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 09:18:04PM +0200, Akim Demaille wrote:

>> We would like to rename some of our files, but keep their history.
>> ...  i.e., just rename all the *.sh and *.pl into *.in.  Would it
>> be possible that you just duplicate these files and their history?
>> We will handle the removal and adjustment of the package by
>> ourselves.

Jaime> Done!

Jaime> subversions:/cvsroot/autoconf/autoconf# for i in *.sh,v; do
Jaime> j=$(echo $i|sed \ 's/.sh,v//'); mv $i $j'.in,v'; done

Jaime> subversions:/cvsroot/autoconf/autoconf# for i in *.pl,v; do
Jaime> j=$(echo $i|sed \ 's/.pl,v//'); mv $i $j'.in,v'; done

Jaime> This should take care of it. But if you have any problems,
Jaime> please let us (address@hidden) know.

Arg, this is not exactly what I meant: now if someone checks out an
old version of Autoconf, it's broken.  I really meant _duplicating_
the ,v files.  _Then_ _we_ remove the old files so that

1. checking out an old version works
2. checking out a new version works
3. we have the history of autoreconf.in as if it had always been named
   like this.

Please, could you restore the old files and their history?

U autoconf.in
cvs server: autoconf.sh is no longer in the repository
U autoheader.in
cvs server: autoheader.sh is no longer in the repository
U autoreconf.in
cvs server: autoreconf.sh is no longer in the repository
U autoscan.in
cvs server: autoscan.pl is no longer in the repository
U ifnames.in
cvs server: ifnames.sh is no longer in the repository

Thanks!