[Savannah-hackers] Why is Savannah not multilingual ?

From: loic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Why is Savannah not multilingual ?
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 23:32:26 +0200

Odile =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=E9nassy?= writes:
 > The question is in the subject line.
 > Sourceforge is multilingual, so ?
 >
 > Loic told me you've already discussed on this issue, please tell me
 > where I can read the archives if this is an option

        The conclusion I had Savannah-wise is that it's a big and
hard job to get things internationalized. Unlike web pages you can't
really afford to have incorrect translation of menus entries for instance
or it will be very confusing and potentialy dangerous.

        Activating the multilingual option in the code is possible but
the existing entries should be translated and checked everywhere first.

        Cheers,