[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Kakadu web engine

From: gregoire . hubert
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Kakadu web engine
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 06:34:42 -0700

grégoire HUBERT <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Kakadu web engine
System name: kakadu

My project is a fast web-developpment tool based on PHP. It uses OO
architecture to allows construction of business flow (pipelines) between web
templates. Theses pipelines are stored in XML that is interpreted by kakadu\'s
engine wich performs each operation and then call the appropriate web page.
It allows :
- developpers to easily re-use PHP components.
- final client to drive his business flow without knowing PHP or HTML.
- to be independant from presentation made by designers.

This project uses Apache\'s PHP4 module and can drive MySQL and PostgreSQL
databases (There is a database abstraction layer anyway so it is very easy to
rewrite one for oracle, ODBC or anything else...)

You may extends functionnalities in pluging cartridges (by exemple e-commerce,
or statistiques oriented cartridges)

The project is on final stage now, the engine is working well and I am writing
the english documentation. I am also writting a cartridge to build a forum site.

 I have to find someone who would be able to create simple graphical interface
to build  the business flows that will be saved in XML.

If you want more information on my project, send me an email, I will send you
the existing documentation =)

Greg.