Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [Savannah] fan want to be a GNU package

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [Savannah] fan want to be a GNU package
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 13:04:59 +0100

On Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 04:06:53PM +0200, Francois TOURDE wrote:
> address@hidden wrote:
> > The following project was submitted to Savannah. It needs evaluation to
> > become a GNU package, can you give it a look, please ?
>
> Thanks for approval. For instance, the project is only in specification
> status, so no evaluation can take place.
>
> On another hand, and after thinking about it, it seems that it is not
> necessary, and probably inaccurate that it becomes a GNU Package.
>
> So please don't take into account my request about inclusion in the GNU
> package.
>
> If your decision was based on this request, please could you tell me if
> the approval is obsolete or if I can start working on the project.

The approval of your project in Savannah was made on the basis of the
description you sent, independently of the fact that you expressed some
interest that it became part of the GNU project too.  Please go ahead and
start working on your project, using the GPL as you proposed, or any other GPL
compatible licenses.

As the project develops, if you ever want it to become a part of GNU, you can
apply for it. Please consult http://www.gnu.org/evaluation/ and keep in mind
that a project does not have to be completely developed to be accepted as a
GNU project. If you propose an idea for a new project that is of interest to
the GNU project and you show enough commitment and knowledge of the GNU
methodology, I believe you can get your project approved from a very early
stage.

Could you please send a message to address@hidden telling them you do no
longer want them to evaluate your project to become a GNU package?

Jaime