Re: [Savannah-hackers] mailing lists for non GNU projects

From: Loic Dachary
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 20:56:01 +0200

 > By the way, how many Savannah-hackers will go to Bordeaux next
 > week? Loic has told us he's going to make a presentation of the
 > Savannah project; perhaps we should try to get together sometime to
 > talk about Savannah.

        I'm ashamed to say : I do not know :-) Since the presentation of
Savannah is short, I'll do it in an entertaining way rather than highly
technical. The other speakers will talk about technical details of the
hosting facilities, I'd like to focus on the history and community around
Savannah.

        I have your picture at
http://www.fe.up.pt/deqwww/staff/JVillate.html. I will also use the
picture of Guillaume Moring at
http://april.org/association/trombinoscope/photos/gmorin.png and
http://www.senga.org/people/loicbis.png because they are funny. Do you
have a funny picture of you ? I have a nice picture of RMS talking to
a stuffed duck that I should scan for the occasion. I also kept
pictures of my first visit to SourceForge when I still had the hope to
cooperate with them.

        I did not find any picture of Jeff Bailey and Gordon
Matzigkeit.  I'd like to include them as founders of the
subversions.gnu.org machine.  Also I will re-use the pictures of the
installation at global naps.

        In short the catch phrase will be "Don't take it too seriously,
we're hackers and we like what we do". And since we are in France we will
celebrate with alcohol :-)

        Cheers,