[Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden: Re: the license issues]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden: Re: the license issues]
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 15:07:12 -0700 (MST)

    > Windows.  I have nothing against free documentation for BSD, but we
    > want to focus people on documenting GNU.

    Then what about the GNU documentation project?

That is ok with me.  Note that its natural initials will be GDP.  When
I wrote GDP in a message, I had in mind "GNU documentation project",
but you thought of "GNOME documentation project".  Is that a source of
confusion?  If so, how could we fix it?

    doc.gnu.org would perfectly fit.

We don't want to have a separate server for this.  It is important to
put the web pages for this on www.gnu.org, and for the repositories,
savannah.gnu.org is the natural place.  These facilities are already
set up, and people maintain them, so no work is needed.

So I suggest you start by registering a project on savannah.  I have
cc'd the people who maintain it, so they know to expect you.