Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of jason

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of jason
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 12:40:38 +0100

        Hi,

        Unless I'm mistaken, Jason 0.3 is not properly covered by the GNU
LGPL. Could you please fix those problems and submit the project again ?
Thanks in advance.

        - The LICENCE file contains only a portion of the GNU LGPL.
          If you want to use the GNU LGPL, you should include it verbatim
          (see the notice at the beginning of
           http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.txt)

        - You should include a copyright notice in each file (think of
          people extracting a file from Jason and re-using it in another
          software, how would the license terms be transported ?). Merely
          adding a file containing the GNU LGPL does not clearly state
          that the software is covered by the license.

----
           How to Apply These Terms to Your New Libraries

  If you develop a new library, and you want it to be of the greatest
possible use to the public, we recommend making it free software that
everyone can redistribute and change.  You can do so by permitting
redistribution under these terms (or, alternatively, under the terms of the
ordinary General Public License).

  To apply these terms, attach the following notices to the library.  It is
safest to attach them to the start of each source file to most effectively
convey the exclusion of warranty; and each file should have at least the
"copyright" line and a pointer to where the full notice is found.

    <one line to give the library's name and a brief idea of what it does.>
Copyright (C) <year> <name of author>

This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
    modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
    License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
    version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

    This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
    Lesser General Public License for more details.

    You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
    License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software
    Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA

Also add information on how to contact you by electronic and paper mail.

You should also get your employer (if you work as a programmer) or your
school, if any, to sign a "copyright disclaimer" for the library, if
necessary.  Here is a sample; alter the names:

  Yoyodyne, Inc., hereby disclaims all copyright interest in the
  library `Frob' (a library for tweaking knobs) written by James Random Hacker.

  <signature of Ty Coon>, 1 April 1990
  Ty Coon, President of Vice

That's all there is to it!
----