[Savannah-hackers] [ 100178 ] can I upload an entire CVS repository?

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 100178 ] can I upload an entire CVS repository?
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 12:07:50 -0500

Support Request #100178, was updated on 2001-Nov-05 09:07
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=100178&group_id=11

Category: CVS

By: offby1
Date: 2001-Nov-05 09:07

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=2515
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:0.9.5+) Gecko/20011013

I just registered for a new project, and assumed that
once my project was created, I could upload my
already-existing  CVS root to my account -- so that the
CVS repository on subversions would contain all my
project's history and branches up to this point.
However, either I cannot do that at all, or else I
simply can't figure out how to do it.  Here's what I
did: on my home machine, I did /usr/local/bin/cvssh'.
  Sorry, you are only allowed to execute :
  CVS_RSH=ssh cvs commands
  rsync from /cvsroot or /upload.
  rsync to /upload.
  Connection to subversions.gnu.org closed.

So clearly I don't have general shell access.

How, if at all, can I upload my existing CVS repository?