[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Sorcerer GNU Linux

From: cromwell
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Sorcerer GNU Linux
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 13:24:44 -0500

Kyle Sallee <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Sorcerer GNU Linux
System name: sorcerer

Sorcerer GNU Linux is a source-based ix86 Linux distribution designed for
advanced Linux adminstration. Aside from a bzipped bootable ISO9660
installation CDROM image, no binaries are downloaded. It features menu and
command line interfaces that enable sysadmins to easily and quickly download,
compile, and install source tarballs directly from the software authors\'
homepages. It is fast, lean, and current.

Homepage:
http://sorcerer.wox.org/

This is a re-submission, at the request of Loic Dachary, for a project
previously declined by sourceforge and savannah.  We would like permission to
use Savannah\'s services to expedite the development of sorcery, the Sorcerer
GNU Linux Distribution\'s package manager.  Sorcery is a collection of BASH
scripts, current size 7.2M uncompressed and expected to grow.  We would like to
develop sorcery threw CVS.  Distribution of sorcery will happen at
http://sorcerer.wox.org, and therefore will not create a drain of bandwidth on
savannah.  We would also like to to use the bug tracking and message board
features.

To put our requests in a nutshell.  We expect to use less than 100 Megs of
space, and probably less than 20 Megs for the rest of the 2001.  I hope that
Savannah has the space and bandwidth to help.