Re: [Savannah-hackers] Emacs-commit does not catch every commit

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Emacs-commit does not catch every commit
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 20:33:24 +0000

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 10:53:36AM -0700, Richard Stallman wrote:
> We also have the other problem, alluded to by the subject of this
> message: that there are two names for the Emacs repository, and
> commits done through the old name are not reported at all.  I think
> everyone would be glad to switch to the new name except that it fails
> to support certain methods of accessing subversions.
>
> Is anyone working on upgrading that?

Sorry, my expertise is not enough to solve that problem. But in the meantime I
have copied from /cvsroot/emacs/CVSROOT into /cvs/CVSROOT the commands to
send commit notifications.

In that way notifications should be sent out when the repository is accessed
using either one of the two methods.

The problem with this method is that eliz and the rest of the Emacs admin team
should remember to let us know whenever they modify /cvsroot/emacs/CVSROOT and
we will have to replicate those modifications in /cvs/CVSROOT

Jaime Villate