Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Smurgaborf

From: Renato Golin
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Smurgaborf
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 16:52:31 -0200 (BRST)

man, you're right, we don't... can you add our project and I send the
code with the header below in all our source files after that? I'm doing
the changes right now and I can upload the files in a couple minutes...

tnx!
Renato

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Loic Dachary wrote:

LD>     Hi,
LD>
LD>     Unless I'm mistaken the distributed tarbals do not contain licensing
LD>information and are therefore not Free Software from a legal point of view.
LD>Could you please correct this and submit the project again ?
LD>
LD>     Thanks in advance,
LD>
LD>---
LD>     Appendix: How to Apply These Terms to Your New Programs
LD>
LD>  If you develop a new program, and you want it to be of the greatest
LD>possible use to the public, the best way to achieve this is to make it
LD>free software which everyone can redistribute and change under these terms.
LD>
LD>  To do so, attach the following notices to the program.  It is safest
LD>to attach them to the start of each source file to most effectively
LD>convey the exclusion of warranty; and each file should have at least
LD>the "copyright" line and a pointer to where the full notice is found.
LD>
LD>    <one line to give the program's name and a brief idea of what it does.>
LD>    Copyright (C) 19yy  <name of author>
LD>
LD>    This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
LD>    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
LD>    the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
LD>    (at your option) any later version.
LD>
LD>    This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
LD>    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
LD>    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
LD>    GNU General Public License for more details.
LD>
LD>    You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
LD>    along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
LD>    Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307,
USA.

LD>Also add information on how to contact you by electronic and paper mail.
LD>
LD>If the program is interactive, make it output a short notice like this
LD>when it starts in an interactive mode:
LD>
LD>    Gnomovision version 69, Copyright (C) 19yy name of author
LD>    Gnomovision comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `show w'.
LD>    This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
LD>    under certain conditions; type `show c' for details.
LD>
LD>The hypothetical commands `show w' and `show c' should show the appropriate
LD>parts of the General Public License.  Of course, the commands you use may
LD>be called something other than `show w' and `show c'; they could even be
LD>mouse-clicks or menu items--whatever suits your program.
LD>
LD>You should also get your employer (if you work as a programmer) or your
LD>school, if any, to sign a "copyright disclaimer" for the program, if
LD>necessary.  Here is a sample; alter the names:
LD>
LD>  Yoyodyne, Inc., hereby disclaims all copyright interest in the program
LD>  `Gnomovision' (which makes passes at compilers) written by James Hacker.
LD>
LD>  <signature of Ty Coon>, 1 April 1989
LD>  Ty Coon, President of Vice
LD>
LD>This General Public License does not permit incorporating your program into
LD>proprietary programs.  If your program is a subroutine library, you may
LD>consider it more useful to permit linking proprietary applications with the
LD>library.  If this is what you want to do, use the GNU Library General
LD>Public License instead of this License.
LD>
LD>---
LD>address@hidden writes:
LD> >
LD> > A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org.
LD> > This mail was sent to address@hidden, address@hidden
LD> >
LD> >
LD> > Renato Golin <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
LD> > License: gpl
LD> > Other License:
LD> > Package: Smurgaborf
LD> > System name: smurgaborf
LD> > This package does NOT want to apply for inclusion in the GNU project
LD> >
LD> > Smurgaborf is a project will be a real-time MUD distributed on several
servers running linux that each one hosts one \"World\" known as \"Realm\".
Clients may run in several plataforms (at least we expect) running linux,
windows, solaris, etc.

LD> > Our code is *extrictly* free software folowing the GNU License (what
version is newer) in whatever OS it runs.

LD> > We\'re making a library for running 3D graphics on linux and windows
running in DGA, Svgalib, Open-GL, Direct-X and SmurgaLib (our own display lib)

LD> > We already have little code on SourceForge on SmurgaLib primitives and
some FluxGameControl principles. The home page is
http://smurgaborf.sourceforge.net/.

LD> > We decided moving to Savannah becouse the \"not-so-free\" move from
SourceForge.

LD> > Our group is composed of two programmers and a talker ;) One programmer
responsible for Drivers and LowLevel routines, other (me) responsible for
FluxControl and MediumLevel routines and the talker to give us valuable tips
and ideas (he code in fortran... ew ;)