Re: [Savannah-hackers] Bug?

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Bug?
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 23:49:14 +0100

Jamshed Kakar writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > >    Since the page now works, I assume you found why it was happening.
 > > Thanks for the feedback anywa.
 > >
 > >  > I just tried to look at the "Project Home Page" for GNU Circuit
 > >  > Analysis Package and got a "Forbidden - You don't have permission..."
 > >  > message.  The forbidden URL is: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnucap/.
 >
 > I actually haven't done anything to fix the problem nor do I know why
 > it was happening.  It could be that I happened to look at the page
 > during a transition phase and that whatever process fixed the problem
 > ran between my message and your check...
 >
 > The question now seems to be: is this acceptable?  In the case that
 > there's a lag between a project being setup and it's associated home
 > page being setup shouldn't there be some kind of interim message
 > telling users that the project's home page hasn't been setup yet?
 > Sourceforge seems to do this which makes me wonder why savannah
 > doesn't as I can't see such a feature ever being removed (on
 > purpose)...
 >
 > Anyway, just thought I'd point it out.  Also, I have a second
 > question: is savannah-hackers a public list?  ie: I've often had

        It is. You can check the archives if you want. Subscribing
might not be the best idea since there is a *lot* of traffic.

 > people I've created accounts for on GNU machines ask me
 > savannah-specific questions that I can't adequately answer.  Thus far,
 > I've not mentioned savannah-hackers as a possible source of
 > information.  Should I be and if not is there a FAQ or some other
 > "Savannah Guide for Maintainer's" type of document I can point people
 > at?

        There should be more documentation in savannah.gnu.org/docs.
Two or three people are more or less working on it but it's currently
empty. I guess that browsing an digesting the savannah-hackers archives
would be a usefull way to build a good FAQ.

        Cheers,

75019    Paris         T: 33 1 42 45 09 16          address@hidden