Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of New Scripting Lan

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of New Scripting Language
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 02:06:34 +0100

Dans un message du 24 nov à 17:35, address@hidden écrivait :
> Artem V. Andreev <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: New Scripting Language
> System name: nsl
>
> The project I am offering to you is called a New Scripting Language
> (abb. NSL). Its aim is to provide a flexible, multi-purpose but
> light-weight script language with particular accent on multilingual
> text processing. It uses a paradigm of finite-state automata to
> describe complex string transformations and recognition patterns, so
> making interencoding translations, locale-specific case-conversions
> and collation is easy enough. The language is fully interpreted, it
> provides all the features a decent structured language should have:
> procedures, control statements, global and local variables and even
> the notion of modules. It is flexible and allow attaching extension
> modules which might be e.g. wrappers to any system library. One of its
> distinct features is that it operates not on plain text (like Perl,
> awk, tcl etc) but on HTML/XML-structured streams whose physical layout
> may be at all different. It also have some inherent capabilities for
> CGI programming. It is really light-weight: its stripped binary should
> be less than 100k.
> It is now hosted on SourceForge (you\'ll find it on
> http://nsl.sourceforge.net and http://sourceforge.net/projects/nsl),
> but I am really definite to quit SF, since its users are really
> unwilling to send any feedback (I mean words not money, of course), so
> hosting on SF seems to me useless. Hope that GNU-based community will
> be more interested...

Unless I am mistaken, your source files does not contain a copyright
notice. Therefore from a strictly legal point of view, nsl is not Free
Software. Could you add a copyright notice at the beginning of every
source file and resubmit your project ?

Here is an example :

/*
        Copyright (C) year1,year2 Author1, Author2

    (at your option) any later version.

    Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA

*/

Thanks for your patience.

Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

              Et si je suis bien que si j'ai bu, tant pis (Cornu)