[Savannah-hackers] subversions 443 port cvs server hosed?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] subversions 443 port cvs server hosed?
Date: 26 Nov 2001 10:53:38 +0900

Hi,

I can't seem to update using the 443-port cvs server on subversions.gnu.org.

Using a web browser, I can browse the CVS tree by connecting to the same
machine, however, so I don't think subversions itself is down.

I use a cvs client with the proxy-forwarding hack added (because I must go
through an extremely obnoxious firewall), and the following CVS_ROOT:

:pserver;proxy=GATEWAY;proxyport=8080;port=443:address@hidden:/cvs

[`GATEWAY' is replaced by the name of the proxy server]

Here's the error returned by the http proxy server through which I connect (I
get the same error when I use `subversions.gnu.org' instead of `cvs.gnu.org'):

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: cvs.gnu.org:443

The following error was encountered:

   o Connection Failed

The system returned:

    (61) Connection refused

The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

Generated Mon, 26 Nov 2001 01:40:47 GMT by tyo111.gate.nec.co.jp
(Squid/2.2.STABLE5)

Thanks,

-Miles
--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?