[Savannah-hackers] Beginner howto.

From: Jean-Philippe Boisseau
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Beginner howto.
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 22:20:22 fr

Let's go...

One of the first things a beginner tries to do is to upload
his project presentation page and a few bytes of code.

That's pretty hard for someone who never used ssh, cvs, rsync
and so on. I'll write a few things on cvs, that's not the
hardest for me. But, as you can see on my project page...
I wasn't able to establish ssh connection...
Two main questions:
How can we manage our ssh identity and our login name on our
own machine? For example, when y try the "rsync --rsh=ssh
distribution.tar.gz freesoftware.fsf.org:/upload/jpkg/"
command, ssh believes I must login as thor, instead of
jean-philippe...

A bit more far:
"address@hidden:~$ cvs -z3
address@hidden:/cvsroot/jpkg/ co jpkg
address@hidden's password:"
What can be this password? I thought my ssh passphrase would
have allowed me to log without such a server password.

I really am sorry, I couldn't get answers on openssh and
sourceforge documentation. But I'll try to have these
questions definitively answered with my beginner howto...

Thanks for your answers.

Jean-Philippe.

Ce mel a été envoyé avec Meloo http://www.meloo.com
Info Meloo : L'Echo du Village est en kiosque : Exprimez vous grâce aux outils
gratuits d'Internet !