Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of JMud Server

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of JMud Server
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:59:08 +0000

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 07:04:37PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Fabrício Matheus Gonçalves <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: JMud Server
> System name: jmud
> JMud is a MUD server written in Java(TM) from scratch.
> MUD stands for Multi-User Domain, a virtual environment where users can
> create fictional characters in order to interact with other players and
> role-play, hack\'n\'slash, or just chat.
> A Portuguese (Brazilian) version is available right now.
> Multi-lingual support is planned for future versions.
> It already exists and you can see it at http://jmud.sf.net/

We cannot currently accept your project in Savannah, because it depends on
proprietary software (Sun's JDK). I also see, in the directory lib/ of JMud,
some jar files for which no source is available and no indication of their
license or authorship are given. Are those part of JDK?

Please solve these problems and remove the dependence on Sun's JDK making it
work with a free implementation of Java; when you do, resubmit the project
telling us where we can examine the updated code.

Regards,
Jaime Villate