[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Samotnik3D

From: sancho
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Samotnik3D
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 06:28:19 -0500

Tomasz Sandecki <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: mbsd
Other License:
Package: Samotnik3D
System name: samotnik3d
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

My project is simple game for up to 4 players.

But main pleasure is to play it alone ( i called it

Samotnik - in Polish - and it\'s means loner )

Your goal is to create as many joined, straight lines as possible

At the beginning we have only dots (as 3d cross )

which we can connect together to create lines.

For each line we always have to use 5 dots.

In each move we can add one dot - we have to add at least

one dot to start gaming.

We play as long as there are free unused dots on th board.

Maybe it doesn\'t sounds great but i assure you  that

it will be and it is a very playable game. (i wrote \'is\' because

we can play with this game with pencil and a piece on paper

and it is very nice game.)

There are (will be) two modes: 2d and 3d

The first one is much like traditional paper game and

the second is my extension in 3 dimension space.

Game will run on Windows (main target) and on Linux - my favorite OS.

Engine will use 3d acceleration (through OpenGL) or where OpenGL is not
available

my own software rendering.

I think it should work on all most todays PCs.

Language: C/C++ maybe some asm code

Libraries: libjpeg from jpeg independent group, libz and libpng

License: GNU or other open source license.

It does not exist yet but You may take a look:

http://www.ais.pl/~sancho/pl/screens/index.html

or

http://www.ais.pl/~sancho/Samotnik3D/devel/gfx/rot_cros2.avi - divx :-(