[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Benedetto

From: joga
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Benedetto
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 00:28:33 -0500

Joachim Gabler <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Benedetto
System name: benedetto

The project \"Benedetto\" provides a catalog system for libraries.

It provides a user interface to register new books (or other media),
assign signatures of one or multiple libraries,
search for books by different categories,
print catalog cards and signature labels,
etc.

Benedetto is already in use in some libraries in Germany.

It is written in Java and uses PostgreSQL as underlying database system.

It still lacks a lot of features, especially I18N (some code exists for
internationalization, but it is still incomplete. The user interface is in
German, also the source code contains a lot of german terms, as I did not know
the english library terminology.

So there is a quite solid base system but still a lot of work to do.
Please feel free to join this project.