Re: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: Re: Strangeness in quail-input-st

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: Re: Strangeness in quail-input-string-to-events]
Date: 08 Jan 2002 19:09:53 +0000

 >      but gnu.org itself is not able to send the mail:

 > 2002-01-08 02:14:56 16NqTG-0005hu-00 ** address@hidden <address@hidden>
 > R=lookupho\
 > st T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data: host
 > mail.dl\
 > .ac.uk [148.79.80.28]: 553 5.3.0 Message rejected --- unsolicited e-mail
 > denied\
 >  from address@hidden

 >      since nobody is a perfectly valid e-mail address on gnu.org, I guess it
 > means mail.dl.ac.uk decided to reject this mail on the basis of the e-mail
 > address, because it contains "nobody".

Hell.  Sorry.  It isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened
to me, and that's only the ones I know about.  I guess I should try to
suck mail directly from GNU rather than just keeping a copy there for
a while.  I'll check whether there's a useful copy left @gnu now.

[Perhaps it makes up for gnu.org bouncing mail to me which didn't have
reverse DNS :-/.]

 >      Do you have a way to fix this or to ask people managing the
 > corresponding machine to fix this ?

I'll do my best, but it's not easy, despite the bad PR.  Back in the
good old days I'd have been told to fix it myself...