[Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah.gnu.org: submission of Edventure Course

From: Douglas S. Blank
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah.gnu.org: submission of Edventure Course Management
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:22:17 -0500

Jaime,

Hi,
Your project is very interesting and very needed. In my own case, I've been
battling during the last 2 years against the adoption of WebCT in our
University.

Yes, I was hoping that the Open Knowlege Initiative would fill the bill, but they seem to be slow, and not all that open. I hope that it will be able to ursurp mine as time goes on.

Before we approve your project, we would like to take a look at its source
code. Please tell us a URL where it can be found, or send me a tarball by
e-mail.

Yes, I was hoping that the Open Knowlege Initiative would fill the bill, but they seem to be slow, and not all that open.

You can find a source tar ball of the first PHP draft of Edventure at:

http://dangermouse.brynmawr.edu/edventure/edventure-3.6.0.tgz

The code is currently not as object oriented (abstract) as it should be, but that will come as we see what objects are useful.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks,

-Doug

Regards,
Jaime

--
Douglas S. Blank,         Assistant Professor
address@hidden,            (610)526-6501