[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Blueye

From: werg
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Blueye
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 11:02:39 -0500

Gabriel Pickard <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Blueye
System name: blueye

\'Blueye\' is basically a first attempt at a research-operating-system,
according to the theoretical idea of WEEMI that we developed. Blueye will, in
its first stage be a rudimentary interface, with some richer background for
information-representation in high primitives
What follows is a very rough description of WEEMI (omitting all the gory
details):

In WEEMI we strive for a simple and consistent structure. Through it we hope to
resolve Frustration among computer-users, caused by the tension between the
much higher flexibility of humans and their inability to grasp the complex
structures of digital systems.

We use information as our paradigm for this structure. Entities, linked to each
other, are the primitives with which we represent Information; this concept is
(when a bit refined) capable of offering information in conformity to human and
machine.
Neither do WEEMI-systems use file-structures, nor do they rely on \"programs\",
multitasking or any interface (eg. GUI).
The interface human/machine is meant to be as diverse as the users are -
that\'s why finding, processing and executing the user\'s will is the
foundation for all processes, especially Input/Output.

Because of this, WEEMI is useful for implementing speech-directed, personal
agents/assistants. It can also be useful as foundation of symbiotic networks,
who\'s capabilities could go well further than today\'s Internet. It\'s not
that this architecture can save us all the work in development, but we can at
least hope that - once a job has been done - through unification and
network-integration - it\'ll be done, once and for all.

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.