[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of mp3cddb

From: y . lesaint
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of mp3cddb
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 14:22:32 -0500

Le Saint  Yannick <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: mp3cddb
System name: mp3cddb
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

  I am making a tool which can access CDDB database from mp3 files.

  I can actually retrieve information from a CDDB server from perl
or using a front-end script interface.

  I am currently working on creating comprehensive file names from my mp3s to
symbolic link them.

  My first aim is to be able to rename a complete hierarchy of mp3s with simple
scripts ( as I own a big hierarchy with 01.mp3, 02.mp3 liked file names ). This
should be possible soon.

  I plan to provide automatic file renaming and mp3 information filling.

  May I finally be able to link the library with xmms or nautilus to show
informations on the fly.

  So, a script and a perl module already exist ( the module may not
be on cpan.org at this time ).