Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of mp3cddb

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of mp3cddb
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 16:48:21 +0100

address@hidden writes:

 > Le Saint  Yannick <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
 > License: gpl
 > Other License:
 > Package: mp3cddb
 > System name: mp3cddb
 > This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project
 >
 >  I am making a tool which can access CDDB database from mp3
 > files.
 >
 >  I have actually 2 scripts :
 >   - mp3cddb_info :
 >      show you cddb informations about mp3 files.
 >
 >   - mp3cddb_rename :
 >       Rename mp3 files according to their cddb informations
 >
 >       Can either simply rename files or create tree like
 >      ???/genre/artist/title/004__song_name.mp3.
 >
 >       Can either copy or move files.
 >
 >       Can also rename an entire tree containing many audio cd
 >      mp3-converted.
 >
 >      Provide a \"forward\" script and a \"reverse\" script :
 >       forward do the actual renaming
 >       reverse undo all actions performed by the forward script
 >
 >  A libray is also under developpement ( called MP3::CDDB ),
 > not available on www.cpan.org for now, but I hope it will be.
 >
 >  I plan to provide a daemon that would look into cddb
 > databases to rename your new audio cds, so if you cannot
 > access cddb or find informations when you convert your cd,
 > you could let the daemon do this later when you\'ll be
 > connected and/or the informations are shared.
 >  The daemon will provide the same forward/reverse mechanism.
 >
 >  Currently, I am testing the scripts for many mp3s. Then, I
 > will develop the daemon.
 >
 >  For now, the entire project is perl-programmed, so
 > documentations are available in pod-format.
 >
 >  I have already send a submission for this project, and you
 > replied that you wanted to see scripts, so, there it is :
 >
 >  - MP3::CDDB : perl library
 >    http://y.lesaint.free.fr/html/usr/lib/perl/MP3/CDDB.pm
 >
 >  - mp3cddb_info : perl script
 >    http://y.lesaint.free.fr/html/usr/local/bin/mp3cddb_info
 >
 >  - mp3cddb_rename : perl script
 >    http://y.lesaint.free.fr/html/usr/local/bin/mp3cddb_rename
 >
 >  - MP3::CDDB.html, mp3cddb_info.html, mp3cddb_rename.html
 >    html-ized documentation ( from pod format ) :
 >    http://y.lesaint.free.fr/html/usr/local/doc/
 >

 >  For now, no README, INSTALL or the like is available, just
 > for the case you would test it, copy CDDB.pm in
 > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/MP3, then copy mp3cddb_info and
 > mp3cddb_install where you want ( a $PATH compliant location ? ).
 >

 >  Future developpement ???
 >   - rewrite to guile / c
 >   - link with many apps ( xmms, nautilus, ... )
 >

 >  Thanks for taking a look at the project, may the gnu force
 > be with you ;-)

        :-) Thanks.

        There currently is no license information on your software. Could
you include the GNU GPL (General Public License and not GNU Public License ;-)
and add a license and copyright notice as instructed at the end of the
GNU GPL ?

        When this is done, could you please submit your project again ?

        Thanks for your patience,