Re: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: revision control systems]

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: revision control systems]
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:31:03 +0000

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 04:16:18PM +0100, Loic Dachary wrote:
> Richard Stallman writes:
>  > Could some of you please look at `arch' and tell me
>  > your technical opinion?  Does it have promise?
>  > How does it compare with CVS and Subversion?
>
>       Unless I missed something I got no pointer to the current distribution
> when I asked for one. Anyone ? Maybe I should ask again.

Hi Loic,
Tom Lord took some time to reply to you, but he did reply last Wednesday (I'm
attaching a copy of his message). He has followed our advise to make a public
release and to try to get arch into Debian (see the second message I send in
attachment). I will take a look at arch today to see how it compares to CVS (I
can't say anything about Subversion because I'm not familiar with it).

Greetings,
Jaime