[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of In Process Web Server

From: sauravm
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of In Process Web Server in C
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:37:23 -0500

Saurav Mohapatra <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: In Process Web Server in C
System name: ceti

I plan to develop a free open source lightweight in-process Web Server
Component in C , that can be instantiated and used inside a program. The target
Platforms are win32 and linux. The inspiration for this project is
Jetty(http://jetty.mortbay.org/jetty/index.html) which is a Java web server
that can be used as a in-process as well as a stand alone server.

I plan to implement the project in three phases :

Phase I
==========
a) Win 32 version of the Web Server.
b) Support for GET command
c) Definition of Custom URLs based on Handlers. e.g GET /Config might point to
a Handler Method rather than an actual URL.
d) baseline support for HTTP/1.0
Phase II
===========
a) support for POST
b) Linux Port
c) Support for HTTP/1.0

Phase III
=========
a) Servlet Engine (Tentative)
b) Installation and Packaging details.

My motivation for this project is that even though there are a lot of free open
source HTTP Client libraries, there are not many(at least i could not find any)
HTTP Server Libraries.

The Final shape of the server should be as  a DLL or an so provided with an SDK
for extending the Handlers.