[Savannah-hackers] HTML validation

From: mathieu
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] HTML validation
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 17:26:36 +0100

I want to get Savannah HTML standard.

One thing that stinks is the CSS using.

- We should have .css files, that's better than adding css in each files
- We should use CSS for any style definitions.

There're many many style definitions included in the HTML code.
For example, this kind of things tr BGCOLOR="#D1D5D7" BACKGROUND="/themes/forged/images/steel3.jpg" align="center"
are really bad:
- no use of CSS
- use of definition as Background that dont exist in HTML 4.x

So, couldn't we add a savannah.css in remplacement of sourceforge.css and include it as a

link rel=stylesheet type="text/css" href="http://savannah.gnu.org/savannah.css";

?

The Sourceforge code is really ugly :(
I want to make it standard compliant. To do this, I must to rewrite many things. --
mathieu

  ] les brevets, protection de l'innovation ?
  ] http://petition.eurolinux.org