Re: [Savannah-hackers] colors

From: mathieu
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] colors
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:52:23 +0100

> I've uploaded a test
> http://stock.coleumes.org/tmp/savannah.gnu.org.test.html
>
> What do you think about it ?
I like it. You've chosen a nice palette of yellows and oranges. I'd
just
recommend that you eliminate the background graphics (leopard.png,
sand.png)
that you used in the stylesheet, and replace them by solid colors (I
think it
is better to avoid adding more image files unless absolutely
necessary).

Its was difficult to make up my mind about this

In fact, there's already solid colors defined.
So solid-colors is the rule, and images are loaded after.

I've added images since it was more « savannah-like » to me.

In fact, since there's solid-colors defined, I dont really catch how it could be a problem to have some, since they wont be loaded by users with slow connection that dont want to, they wont put in trouble text-broswer => images will be ever loaded when everything else in the page is loaded. Also, there's no need to load the image to have a correct rendering of the website.

> Let me now your feelings.
I think you should go ahead and commit the changes; it is a nice
improvement
and it will help us to depart from the SourceForge look.

Ok, I'll work on this this afternoon, 14h30 -> 16h.

--
mathieu

  ] les brevets, protection de l'innovation ?
  ] http://petition.eurolinux.org