Re: [Savannah-hackers] colors

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] colors
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:44:17 +0000

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 01:00:36AM +0100, mathieu wrote:

> Le lun 11 mar 2002 à 19h02, mathieu a écrit :
> > Since I rewrite the SF style, I was thinking than we could change the
> > colors, moving from the greys to the yellows/oranges, to get savannah
> > looking more like a true « savannah » than big grey city walls.
Good idea. I tried the same concept with the ANSOL site
(http://www.ansol.org), but people hated my scheme of yellow/oranges and the
antelope a draw in Postscript using just Emacs!

> > Let me now what you think about it.
>
> I've uploaded a test
> http://stock.coleumes.org/tmp/savannah.gnu.org.test.html
>
> What do you think about it ?
I like it. You've chosen a nice palette of yellows and oranges. I'd just
recommend that you eliminate the background graphics (leopard.png, sand.png)
that you used in the stylesheet, and replace them by solid colors (I think it
is better to avoid adding more image files unless absolutely necessary).

> Let me now your feelings.
I think you should go ahead and commit the changes; it is a nice improvement
and it will help us to depart from the SourceForge look.

Cheers,
Jaime