[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Wireless Node Databas

From: adam
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Wireless Node Database
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 18:41:19 -0500

Adam Shand <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Wireless Node Database
System name: wndb

This is a second attempt to register this project because the first time around
it wasn\'t clear that I needed to provide a URL to where someone could download
the source.

The Community Network Node Database is a web based application to help wireless
community networks (such as Personal Telco and NYC Wireless) keep track of
their nodes.  It is currently in early stages of developement (it\'s been live
and working for 6 months though on our site) and getting it online where more
people can participate in it\'s developement is the next crucial step to
improving it. It is a mod_perl / mason frontend to MapServer and MapBlast\'s
online maps.  We are hoping to move it to include other mapping backends (such
as the US Census TIGER data and true GIS data).  We also hope it will grow to
include monitoring facilities of the nodes and can be used as a central
coordination place for community  networks.

It already exists and you can see it at http://maps.personatelco.net/.  You can
download the source at http://www.personaltelco.net/download/wndb-0.1.tar.bz