Re: [Savannah-hackers] Broken search function

From: Mark H. Weaver
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Broken search function
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:45:26 -0500

mathieu <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le mar 26 mar 2002 à 16h47, Mark H. Weaver a écrit :
> > FYI, the search facility on savannah consistently fails for me when
> > searching in "Software/Group".  Searching in "People" works though.
> >

> We need a more descriptive report to be able to do something about it.
>
> For example, search words, web browser, url...

Apologies for my sloppy bug report...  The fact that it worked for
"People" and not "Software/Group" made me think it was unrelated to my
particular browser, but upon further investigation, I was wrong about
that.

When I try to use w3m-0.2.5.1 from within GNU Emacs 21.1 (using w3m-el
0.2.5), and I search for anything (e.g. "lilypond") in
"Software/Group", it responds with:  "Invalid Search - ERROR!!!!"

I use this browser combination extensively, and it generally works
just fine.  It even works with the Savannah search engine if I search
for "People" instead of "Software/Group".

However, I should note that the "Software/Group" function works just
fine from this exact same computer, using w3m directly from an xterm,
or using links.

       Mark  (GNU sysadmin)