Re: [Savannah-hackers] Broken search function

From: mathieu
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Broken search function
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 20:02:14 +0100

Le mar 26 mar 2002 à 19h45, Mark H. Weaver a écrit :
mathieu <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le mar 26 mar 2002 à 16h47, Mark H. Weaver a écrit :
> > FYI, the search facility on savannah consistently fails for me
when
> > searching in "Software/Group".  Searching in "People" works
though.

> We need a more descriptive report to be able to do something about
it.

> For example, search words, web browser, url...

Apologies for my sloppy bug report...  The fact that it worked for
"People" and not "Software/Group" made me think it was unrelated to my
particular browser, but upon further investigation, I was wrong about
that.

When I try to use w3m-0.2.5.1 from within GNU Emacs 21.1 (using w3m-el
0.2.5), and I search for anything (e.g. "lilypond") in
"Software/Group", it responds with:  "Invalid Search - ERROR!!!!"

I use this browser combination extensively, and it generally works
just fine.  It even works with the Savannah search engine if I search
for "People" instead of "Software/Group".

However, I should note that the "Software/Group" function works just
fine from this exact same computer, using w3m directly from an xterm,
or using links.

It works (e.g. lilypond searching) with mozilla, galeon, konqueror and, according to you, with w3m in a xterm or with links.

So I think that a w3m-0.2.5.1 from within GNU Emacs 21.1 related issue, not specific with savannah. --
mathieu

 (( http://humeur.coleumes.org ))