[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Easy Firewall Box

From: skoobi
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Easy Firewall Box
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 10:23:49 -0500

Sami Dalouche <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Easy Firewall Box
System name: ezfirebox
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

My Project is inspired from the ipmasq package found in Debian GNU/Linux(which
is perfect for initializing IP Masquerading but too limited/painful for other
purposes)

The goal of this project is to create a set of scripts to initialize easily IP
Masquerade, but also Packet Filtering (by IP Address, MAC Address, Ports), Port
Forwarding and Traffic Shaping.
These scripts provide flooding and spoofing protection, block portscans and
ICMP.

I decided to create my own set of scripts because all the firewall scripts
lying around the web/IRC are either too complex to customize, either too
limited, and none seems to be \"official\". They all are quick\'n\'dirty.
Adding scripts to ipmasq could have been a solution, but I only want to support
the latest linux kernel, not ipchains & ipfwadm. My script is intended for
people who want to easily get a working-secure firewall.

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.