[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of creatures

From: Shad
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of creatures
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 13:21:20 -0500

Sha <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: creatures
System name: creatures

Creatures is a little project about artificial intelligence. This is a vast
word, so
I\'ll try to explain further the object of this program. We want to produce
an efficient planning for any kind of entity, by allowing to learn itself the
rules
to apply. In our application, we have decided to make walk our creatures.
They have a body, in a simulated universe (with balls and springs) and try
to learn how they could move. They have no information at all about their
environment except some sensors.
This project is in research interest and does NOT have great pretentions,
we just are little students, but we think this project is really interesting.
We are inspired by Michiel van de Panne (university of Toronto) for his Sensor
Actuator Network, we also learned much from Graphplan presented by
Blum and Furst.
Arash Habibi (university of Strasbourg - France) is our tutor for some months.

This project does not exist yet but we are working hard on it.