Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of free replacement

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of free replacement for agrep
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 09:29:02 +0100

I cannot tell you for sure whether there are other similar ungoing projects or
not, but what I can tell you is that the GNU project already has a grep
project and I think the right thing to do would be to collaborate with it to
incorporate the features that you think are missing from grep.

If you really want to make your own separate project, then you should not use
the name "agrep" but choose an original name. And in that case I think you
should not apply for the GNU project yet, but only when you have some code to
show and to make a comparison with grep possible.

Cheers,
Jaime