Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah - chasys: sorry and GNU

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah - chasys: sorry and GNU
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 13:52:55 +0100

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 12:10:58AM +0200, Xavier de Blas wrote:
> I'm parleblas from the chasys project submitted to
> savannah
>
> I sent a email to address@hidden, i expect no one
> received it, i was very stupid when i writed. Sorry.
>
> Ok my sources are up now, but my project was accepted
> to become part of the GNU project.
> Jaime E . Villate <address@hidden> accepted it
>
> But on the web:
>
> http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/chasys/
>
> i can read:
> "This project is not part of the GNU project."
>
> ¿Can you change this?

Hi,
We cannot change that until the GNU evaluation team reviews your project and
decides to accept it as a part of the GNU project.
When I told you that your porject had been approved, I meant that it was
approved in Savannah; the same day your project was approved here (March 14)
you should have received a copy of the message we sent to the GNU evaluation
team asking them to review your package.

The evaluation for the GNU project will take much longer than the approval in
Savannah, because the evaluation team will look carefully at the way your
program is done and whether it is justified or not to have such a program in
the GNU project. I think (this is may personal opinion only) that your
project is out of scope in the GNU project, because slash is not a GNU package
and your project is an enhancement for slash. But I forwarded your request
anyway, as you asked.

Regards,
Jaime