Re: [Savannah-hackers] PHP on savannah.

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] PHP on savannah.
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:15:36 +0200

Mathieu Roy writes:
 > Some people request for a PHP support on savannah. They developp PHP
 > projects and found usefull to provide online demo for their project.
 >
 > The current savannah position is
 > http://savannah.gnu.org/docs/?item=Are_PHP_and_MySQL_availables.txt
 >
 > Couldnt we easily create a demo space for PHP project that request it ?
 > It could be a space out of CVS, like /upload. What do you think about
 > it ?

        Unless someone is willing to devote an average of 1 hour per day
to this task (I won't believe anyone pretending it requires less time ;-)
in the long run, we can't.

        Allowing php pages basically means you allow anyone to run
programs on the machine. I see no problem with this in principle, as
long as someone devote to this. In addition it must be a strong
commitment from this person because once we've started to provide such
a facility we won't be able to withdraw it easily.

 > Also, there's a news system on savannah, since the bug support is a
 > major feature, some news about it should be posted. No ?

        Yes, definitely. I'll draft a news today.

        Cheers,