Re: [Savannah-hackers] ViewCVS: ability to get anotation by line?

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] ViewCVS: ability to get anotation by line?
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 18:13:51 +0100

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 02:50:17PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> It would be very nice to be able to get listing with each line
> annotated with revision of last change... [Or if we already have that
> possibility, make it more visible as I could not find it ;-)].

Hi,
Unfortunately, we can not use that feature of viewcvs currently, due to a bug:
viewcvs it tries to read ALL subidrectories and find the last change in
each of them. Since some of the directories in Savannah's CVS repository are
private, viewcvs will fail and will only show a page with an error message
(even though we have told viewcvs that the private directories should be
ignored).

When that bug of viewcvs is fixed (either a new upstream version or I find the
time to fix it myself) we will incorporate that feature.

Cheers,
Jaime