Re: [Savannah-hackers] ViewCVS: ability to get anotation by line?

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] ViewCVS: ability to get anotation by line?
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 18:46:29 +0100

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 07:13:40PM +0200, Laurent Julliard wrote:
> Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > It would be very nice to be able to get listing with each line
> > annotated with revision of last change... [Or if we already have that
> > possibility, make it more visible as I could not find it ;-)].
> >                                                             Pavel
>
> There is such a thing in viewcvs. It's the "annotate" link that appears
> next to each file revision. However it currently doesn't work :-/

Oh, is that what Pavel wants? I understood he wanted to see the last change to
each directory in directory listings. Last time I saw the "annote" option of
viewcvs, there was a warning in viewcvs that said it did not work yet and one
would have to grant users permission to modify the history file in CVSROOT.
I have not looked further into it in the new version, so the only
reason annotations are not working right now might be for lack of time from my
part. I'll take a look at it.

Jaime