[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of DoveSwine

From: artem
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of DoveSwine
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:36:38 -0400

Artem V. Andreev <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: DoveSwine
System name: doveswine

The project I am offering is called DoveSwine. It is intended as an

alternative to X server. The main difference between the X conception

and that of mine is that widget tree is located on the server, so

clients only require creating or modifying widgets and accept callbacks. It is
meant to be network-aware. I plan to base it on

SVGALib as a hardware interface (may be, nesting into X too).

It should be completely object-oriented and use GNU ObjectiveC as its

implementation language. The client interface should be language-independent,
though, as that of X. New widgets should be

incorporated into the server via loadable module scheme.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide any valuable code as of yet.