[Savannah-hackers] chemeq upload

From: Georges Khaznadar
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] chemeq upload
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 14:46:41 +0200

Dear Savannah Hacker,

I had registered a project named chemeq some months ago, but delaied later
an later the upload of files into the CVS repository.

The fact was that I did not understand how to upload the files. Probably
I had not read correctly documents about the authentification method.

I recently understood how to get authenticated on the CVS server, and
made successfully a checkout and a commit at the "Education" CVS repository.

Odile Benassy, who is one of the leaders of that project, asked me about
the status of chemeq, so I realized that the chemeq project was no more
visible at savannah, nor in my personal page, nor in the searchable
projects. So I tried to register it as a new project, but I was stopped
at step 5 , as the name of the project was already used.

Here is the description I made at step 3 of the registration :

------------------------------8<------------------------------
Chemeq is a lightweight filter based on flex and bison, able to parse
descriptions of chemical formula, or of chemical equilibria.

This filter inputs an easy to understand - easy to type formula and can output
a variety of structured data, like LaTeX equivalents, informations about the
correctness of the equilibrium, and even the Gulder-Waage equation or Nernst
law related to the chemical equilibrium.

example of use :

$ echo "Fes -> Fe^2+ + 2 e- (0.44 V)" | chemeq
Fe_s -> Fe^2+_aq + 2 e^- (0.44 V)
Fe_{s}\,\rightarrow\,Fe^{2+}\,+\,2\,e^{-}\,(0.44 V)
OK
E\,=\,0.44\,+\,\frac{R\,T}{2\,F}\log([Fe^{2+}])
Fe_s -> Fe^2+_aq + 2 e^- (0.44 V)

It already exists and you can download the latest distribution at
ftp://boltz.univ-littoral.fr/pub/chemeq/

You can try some usage of this piece of software embeded in a WIMS server,
for instance at
http://boltz.univ-littoral.fr/wims/wims.cgi?session=123456789&lang=fr&cmd=new&module=H5%2Fphysics%2Fchim1.fr&repeat=3

Please can you help me to put things in order ?

Best regards,                   Georges.