Re: [Savannah-hackers] chemeq upload

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] chemeq upload
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:11:42 +0100

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 02:46:41PM +0200, Georges Khaznadar wrote:

> I had registered a project named chemeq some months ago, but delaied later
> an later the upload of files into the CVS repository.
>
> The fact was that I did not understand how to upload the files. Probably
> I had not read correctly documents about the authentification method.
>
> I recently understood how to get authenticated on the CVS server, and
> made successfully a checkout and a commit at the "Education" CVS repository.
>
> Odile Benassy, who is one of the leaders of that project, asked me about
> the status of chemeq, so I realized that the chemeq project was no more
> visible at savannah, nor in my personal page, nor in the searchable
> projects.

That's due to the fact that "chemeq" has been registered in Savannah as a
private project. It means that you can only see the main page in
savannnah.gnu.org/projects/chemeq, but you cannot see the CVS repository via
web. You can only access the CVS repository using the cvs client.

> So I tried to register it as a new project, but I was stopped
> at step 5 , as the name of the project was already used.

Please do not try to register it again, because it already exists and it's
active. We will just have to adjust it because it seems to me that when it was
approved some accidental mistakes were done by whoever approved it.

Please give me the following information:
 - Do you really want the project to be private? any particular reason for it?
 - Is chemeq really a GNU project? in other words: have you ever received an
   e-mail message from Richard Stallman saying "I hereby dub chemeq a GNU
   project..."?
 - Do you know the name of the person who approved your project on 2001/06/22?
   If you received a personal message from him, it would help me to sort out
   the situation if you sent me a copy of that message.

Cheers,
Jaime