[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Axis Groupware

From: adam
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Axis Groupware
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 02:56:24 -0400

Adam Hull <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Axis Groupware
System name: axis

Mission Statement version 0.1 for Axis Groupware (axisgroupware.org)

Axis Groupware is a turnkey groupware package for workgroups and enterprise,
fulfilling the goals of phpGroupWare. Administrators and users may begin using
Axis right away, migrating and building their core workgroup and enterprise
infrastructure squarely upon it, and learning it as they go.

Goals
 * Quality assurance
  o We select the most feature complete and stable snapshot from
phpGroupWare\'s official CVS repository on savannah.gnu.org. The first priority
is stability and the second priority is feature completeness.
 * Full parity with phpGroupWare
  o We stay in sync with that snapshot, submitting patches to the phpGroupWare
core team except in the case of a cosmetic \"one-off\". Axis Groupware exists
to fulfill the goals of phpGroupWare. Situated alongside the phpGroupWare
developer family, the Axis team intends only to enhance their core engineering
efforts by providing additional feature completeness and quality assurance to
the base phpGroupWare product. As phpGroupWare evolves, so does Axis, mutually
merging their accomplishments. The Axis of the present may be the phpGroupWare
of the future.
 * Good defaults
  o A good default user interface theme
  o Optional default organizational settings such as global categories.
  o Preferences templates for all new users.
  o Thinking about basic human interface guidelines.
 * Documentation
  o At least basic documentation for target audiences and common usage
scenarios. Getting people quickly up to speed.
 * More applications
  o We don\'t include those applications from the phpGroupWare core
distribution which are not entirely complete or useful. We add foreign
applications which are suitable for cosmetic assimilation, encouraging their
developers to become part of the phpGroupWare application family.
 * Legacy migration
  o We provide documentation and utility support for migration from proprietary
groupware components into open standard groupware such as Axis.
 * Standards and affiliations
  o We intend to uphold the core values of all open standards of groupware
interoperability and data interchange such that the site user and administrator
may freely select the best tool for the job.
  o We invite collaboration with any willing and able developer group.

Development to Date
 * http://axisgroupware.com, login: demo password: guest

Contributors
 * Adam Hull, aka \"fixe\", from Terralab, http://terralab.com,