[Savannah-hackers] Re: Patch for ps-print.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Patch for ps-print.el
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:46:23 +0300

> Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:20:08 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Markus Rost <address@hidden>
>
>    I need your savannah login name.  If you don't have one, please go to
>    http://savannah.gnu.org/account/register.php and register there.
>
> I tried to do that last November.  I think I still have an account at
> gnu.org.  When I tried to register as "rost" with account at gnu.org,
> I got the following response:
>
>    User is a kerberos principal but password do not match. Please use
>    your kerberos password for the first login and then change your
>    Savannah password. This is necessary to prevent someone from stealing
>    your account name.
>
> I did not understand what that means.  What is "kerberos"?  Not speak
> of a "kerberos password"!  Maybe I misremembered my password, or the
> system has changed, I don't know.
>
> I did not want to bother anyone, so I registered as "rost1".  I think
> I never logged in anymore after that registration, but it seems it is
> still a working login name for me, so probably you can use it.

There's no user "rost" on savannah, but "rost1" does exist, so I
added you to the Emacs project under that login name.

The instructions for write access to CVS are available by going here:

  http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/emacs

and following the link to "CVS".  Look for "Developers' access to
CVS" on that page.

> However, if it is not too much work:  Could someone clean up that mess
> with the two names rost/rost1, or tell me how to do that?  You may
> also remove my account at gnu.org, if that is the simplest solution.
> Sorry for the inconvenience.

Can someone on savannah-hackers list please help Markus?  Thanks.