[Savannah-hackers] Re: URGENT: apache stuck in subversions

From: Joel N. Weber II
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: URGENT: apache stuck in subversions
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 14:59:22 -0400

   So as it stands now, you cannot have both freesoftware.fsf.org and
   savannah.gnu.org have their own certificates since they both share
   199.232.41.3.

   You could have freesoftware.fsf.org answer to 199.232.41.2, since
   subversions (also on 199.232.41.2) doesn't need an SSL cert, AFAIK.

It looks like 199.232.41.12 and 199.232.41.13 are also unused, so that
would be yet another option, although the attitude that there are
plenty of IP addresses there and we can use as many as we want for
random virtual hosts is probably why there are only two left.  On the
other hand, I suspect that we could probably get Global NAPS to expand
the size of our subnet if we actually wanted enough virtual hosts that
we run out of addresses.