[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Yet Another Free RAYt

From: conty
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Yet Another Free RAYtracer
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 21:06:04 -0400

Alejandro Conty Estévez <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License:
Package: Yet Another Free RAYtracer
System name: yafray
Type: 2

The project started as a try to build a free raytracer to use as external
render for any modeling program. It\'s still under development, but I don\'t
know if I will have time to finish it, so I need people to resume work. It
begins to be usable, it can produce results. Basicaly it needs more work in the
geometry loader

Check it at http://www.coala.uniovi.es/~jandro/noname/

The features implemented are:

* Basic raytracing
* Ray Acceleration at Object level
* Filters support (Depth of Field works)
* Caustics
* Area lights
* Basic loader of a xml like language

But there are a lot of things still to do.

Other Software Required:
C++ compiler, libjpeg and optionaly gtk/gdk-pixbuf

Other Comments: