Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of The Base Framewor

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of The Base Framework
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:15:05 +0200

        Hi,

        Licensing under the "GNU GPL v2 only" is problematic. Would you
agree to license under the "GNU GPL v2 or later" ? The main motive is
that in ten years from now the copyright holder may not be reachable
while the legal system has changed and calls for a new version of the
GNU GPL v2. When that happens, licensing under the "GNU GPL v2 only"
blocks the software : it is impossible to upgrade to the new license.

        I can explain in more details if you need so that the reasons
why Savannah only hosts "GNU GPL v2 or later" software becomes clear.
If you have concerns about "GNU GPL v2 or later", I'd be happy to
address them too.

        Cheers,